Tuesday, 10 January 2012

OAP sought over Knowle thefts

DETECTIVES want to speak to an OAP over thefts from shops in Knowle.

KnowleshopliftcctvsuspectNEWWEB



Click the headline or link below to read the rest of this story.

The woman, believed to be in her mid 60s, is being sought in connection with the theft from Cristal Ladies Wear in St John's Way in Knowle.

West Midlands Police said a woman was filmed stuffing a pair of trousers inside her jacket before walking off without paying on October 27.

They also want to speak to the woman pictured over other shoplifting incidents in the village. Police only released details this week.

Investigating officer, Detective Constable Rhett Collier, said: " You tend not to associate shoplifting with older members of the public but in this case it appears the suspect is a pensioner."

The woman is described as 5ft5ins with grey, curly shoulder length hair and wearing glasses, a black hat and a blue, thigh-length jacket. She was seen limping slightly on her left leg.

Anyone with information can contact Rhett Collier at Solihull CID on 0345 113 5000.

3 comments:

  1. .... Antony Worrall Thompson in disguise ????! .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. DC Collier and DC Mason questioned me about this crime a few weeks ago.I am not old enough to be an OAP.I am less than 5ft tall. I have short brown,straight hair.I don't wear glasses or have a limp. I have never been in trouble with the police and therefore don't have a record.YET they still arrested me and searched my house and then took me off in their police car for further inquires.After about two hours they decided it was a case of mistaken identity!!!! Makes you wonder doesn't it?Innocent until proven guilty, don't make me laugh.!!

    ReplyDelete