Monday, 13 May 2013

Village celebrates 30th Knowle Fun Run

MIDLANDS Today presenter Nick Owen fired the starter pistol at the 30th Knowle Fun Run.

                             IMG_7084

Click the headline or link below to read the rest of this story.


Meriden MP Caroline Spelman joined more than 1,500 runners at Sunday’s event at Arden School.

The five-mile run – and mini-run – raised cash for Marie Curie Big Build, Age UK Solihull. St Basils and other causes.

Joshua Naisbitt was the first overall with 26.55. See the full results here.

Conservative MP Mrs Spelman said:  “Unfortunately, I had to walk, rather than run, the five mile course as I have a broken toe. 

“I always enjoy the Knowle Fun Run, when I am able to attend, as it is a great event for the community as well as a marvellous fundraiser for lots of charities.”


2 comments:

  1. Well done Knowle and Dorridge Lions, once again raised money for local charities.
    See you managed to get in the photo Richard!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was there! I met Nick Owen, but didn't get a photo :(

    ReplyDelete