Sunday, 27 June 2010

Solihull MP re-elected Lib Dem chairman

SOLIHULL MP has been re-elected as the chairman of the Liberal Democrat parliamentary party.

Click the headline or link below to read the rest of this story.

She has held the role since October 2007 and was re-elected unopposed.

She said: “It is a privilege for me to be re-elected as parliamentary party chair.

“The role is a very important one and I am honoured that the party has once again put their faith in me.”

In a press release, she said: “The current coalition is necessary in providing strong and stable government for the British people and I’m absolutely committed to that.

“However, I recognise the importance of the Liberal Democrats having a powerful independent voice whilst working alongside our Conservative colleagues.”

What do you think? Leave your comments below. No registration required.

Click here to get stories by email.