Click the headline or link below to read the rest of this story.
Some 82.2 per cent got the grades. The school recorded a 100 per cent pass rate in 22 subjects while 34.5 per cent of grades were A* or A, up from 28 per cent last year, its first year.
A statement said: “This improvement at the highest grades has lead to many successes in University applications with admissions to Oxford for Mathematics and Leeds for Medicine among just two of the offers being accepted.
“Despite the concerns nationally regarding the rush for University places we appear to be holding up well with nearly all students who applied are now placed.
“The students thoroughly deserve their success having worked extremely hard for two years and they have been a credit to the staff who have worked so conscientiously with them.”
The pass rate at Solihull Sixth Form was 97 per cent and 126 got three or more A or A* grades. Some 991 applied to universities.
Principal Paul Ashdown said: “Staff and students collectively share in celebrating what are outstanding results.
“These are very challenging qualifications, covering advanced ideas and requiring a significant amount of hard work to achieve these high grades, so I am both delighted and proud at what has been achieved.”
Former Arden pupil James Jarema, 18, is going to Homerton College at Cambridge University after getting A*s in Maths and Physics and As in Further Maths and Chemistry.
He said: “I really did not know what to expect, because I just didn’t have a feeling for how the exams had gone.
“I’m very happy with my results, but it hasn’t really sunk in yet that I’m going to Cambridge”
Solihull student Lauren Petersis going to Lady Margaret Hall at Oxford University to study physics.
The former Lode Heath School student got five A* grades in Chemistry, Mathematics, Further Maths and Physics at A level.
She said: “When I checked my results I was in shock. I’m very chuffed of course. I’m extremely excited about going to Oxford.”
What do you think? Leave your comments below. No registration required. Posts must abide by the terms and conditions. Report comments at news@thesilhillian.co.uk.
Click here to get stories by email.